It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 pm 
Offline
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 2298
Have fun Aphex, it will be cool to make some scrims again :alien:

I didn't read any messages in this topic, so I don't know if someone has already said this and is sharing my opinion: I bought the game and played it years now because I accepted it as it was: with noobs, with spammers, with guys I was never able to kill, with bigs maps like garden or ghostship in ctf, with clanwars etc...

I'm agree it's boring to play against players that are always and only using their nades in scrims (<3 Syndicat <3), but everyone has his own gaming style even if it sucks I think you should deal with this and not restricting everything.... I'm even more happy when I win a 3v3 3:2 against a clan that was maybe just UNFAIR but against which I had difficulties to take the flag and score than winning 3:0 in 5 minutes with nade/acp/blablabla restrictions.....

_________________

Please subscribe to my
»UPDATED YOUTUBE CHANNEL«

You can watch any of my old videos on my google drive (link on my YT channel),
even "SWRC: THE MOVIE", which was deleted by youtube on 22/01/2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 pm 
Offline
LoL Division Commander - RC Warrant Officer
LoL Division Commander - RC Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:16 am
Posts: 665
Ironhide wrote:
Drift wrote:
there's no reason to limit spamming for the runner considering the other team is going to throw all their nades the moment they respawn.
There is one reason as I just mentioned before, another one is that the S in FPS means "shooter" and not "spammer". I seriously cant think of any game where you can get 5 nades in a few seconds and keep getting 2 more for every kill you make...



Yes, but most games are based off of an assault style basis ( and CS mode) or TDM, I don't think I can actually think of a game that premiers CTF as its "competitive" game-play. If any games did do that, they allowed the carrier to use their weapon while moving at a reduced speed, which is a command that the server auto-kicks for. To go further, there's few occasions in repcom where anyone walks in a spot and picks up 5 or 3 nades at once, especially when the map is open and most people are waiting on either side. I enjoy scrimming, but that doesn't mean I am going to enjoy 30-45 minute matches of picking up the flag and almost instantly dying due to no defense, no cover and large open maps. If we played American style maps with more cover and more running routes THAN 1 nade fits, but until then it just makes no sense.

_________________
Image

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:01 am 
Offline
RepCom Mapper
RepCom Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 am
Posts: 7194
Drift wrote:
Yes, but most games are based off of an assault style basis ( and CS mode) or TDM, I don't think I can actually think of a game that premiers CTF as its "competitive" game-play. If any games did do that, they allowed the carrier to use their weapon while moving at a reduced speed, which is a command that the server auto-kicks for. To go further, there's few occasions in repcom where anyone walks in a spot and picks up 5 or 3 nades at once, especially when the map is open and most people are waiting on either side. I enjoy scrimming, but that doesn't mean I am going to enjoy 30-45 minute matches of picking up the flag and almost instantly dying due to no defense, no cover and large open maps.
Take 2 nades, kill someone = 4 nades in a few seconds.

I actually think not being able to have a weapon while taking the flag is one of the things I enjoy most in RepCom compared to other games, its quite a challenge to drop the flag and kill someone before he is able to return it. Or throw it on something to get more time, kill the opponent and retrieve it afterwards. I think its simply boring to have 5 nades and spam everyone, where's the challenge and fun in that?

And I cant really understand your argument of "large maps with no cover", I think there are just a very few large maps (and those arent played) and 99% of them have enough cover. At least not less than retail maps (A17, G9).

_________________
Image
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:08 am 
Offline
Omicron Private
Omicron Private
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 177
Location: Germany
Also nade physics are horribly broken in repcom.
Just look at the random nade chains when a nade explodes in your hand, when it explodes too early or when it explodes but does zero damage....

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 am 
Offline
LoL Division Commander - RC Warrant Officer
LoL Division Commander - RC Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:16 am
Posts: 665
I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.

_________________
Image

[14:45] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: [21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: i wanna wine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: and dine u
[21:45] ]-TX-[•Damon: touch you in all the places you want me to

[16:09] EnDever(TAG-BITCHES): HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TX DRIFT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:12 am 
Offline
RepCom Mapper
RepCom Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 am
Posts: 7194
Drift wrote:
I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.
Oh god lets not start this "stop changing the game" shit again. Which modifcations exactly are used on 1337? None actually... The reduced nade limit is nothing but an admin command, US servers use the admin feature as well. :confused:

_________________
Image
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 pm 
Offline
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 2298
Ironhide wrote:
I actually think not being able to have a weapon while taking the flag is one of the things I enjoy most in RepCom compared to other games, its quite a challenge to drop the flag and kill someone before he is able to return it. Or throw it on something to get more time, kill the opponent and retrieve it afterwards. I think its simply boring to have 5 nades and spam everyone, where's the challenge and fun in that?.


This :)

But still I prefer without nades restriction. Because for some people this is the only way to kill me, even when I've the flag :ugly: (yeah I'm also considering the fun for others players to play this game), and I also spam (2 nades) sometimes when this is needed (and I'm sure here everyone spams when it's needed)

_________________

Please subscribe to my
»UPDATED YOUTUBE CHANNEL«

You can watch any of my old videos on my google drive (link on my YT channel),
even "SWRC: THE MOVIE", which was deleted by youtube on 22/01/2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 pm
Posts: 5566
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Ironhide wrote:
Drift wrote:
I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.
Oh god lets not start this "stop changing the game" shit again. Which modifcations exactly are used on 1337? None actually... The reduced nade limit is nothing but an admin command, US servers use the admin feature as well. :confused:


Tickrate which will be changed back to some stupid jacked up rate as soon as Vash figures out Storm changed it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 509
Location: 10km away from the css legend kRYSTAL
DC.LegenD wrote:

I'm agree it's boring to play against players that are always and only using their nades in scrims (<3 Syndicat <3)


:confused:
I dont spam.

_________________
Image
Image
Image

in Memories of Zeta<3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Retiring from DivCom/Leaving TX SWRC Division
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
RepCom Mapper
RepCom Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 am
Posts: 7194
Penguin wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Drift wrote:
I mean it's just my opinion comparing it to US scrims ^^ . I still prefer Us scrims for the less modifications and the ability to play the stock game.
Oh god lets not start this "stop changing the game" shit again. Which modifcations exactly are used on 1337? None actually... The reduced nade limit is nothing but an admin command, US servers use the admin feature as well. :confused:


Tickrate which will be changed back to some stupid jacked up rate as soon as Vash figures out Storm changed it.

The recent tickrate fucked up the game for me... Really prefer the previous setting.

_________________
Image
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by Vash © 2009
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]