It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:32 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 10
STEAM: VodeAn
"Along time ago in a galixy far far away"
^This is how the game will start, like a proper Star Wars game.

Republic Commando 2 is supposed to be more then just a few new levels. Republic Commando 2 provides a similar gameplay change as the halo series when transitioning between halo 1 and 2.
The first thing worked on was the graphics, surprising, Unreal Engine 2 can look amazing when set up properly. Almost every texture in the game has been revamped in DOUBLE THE RESOLUTION, and fully bumpmapped.

Later today I will post some content here that is not even on the Mods website yet. You will be the first to see it.
Cheers, VodeAn


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Offline
TX Judge - RC Staff Sergeant
TX Judge - RC Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:32 pm
Posts: 2088
STEAM: 1eshit
Wow, that sounds great ;)
As far as I know you also made completely new weapons among as the normal Clone Troopers have them, that's really awesome!

_________________
Image
.............]-TX-[•»1eSh¡t.­™{StSgt}............
Image
Hidden content:
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: Im jelly
]-TX-[Penguin{Om1Lt}: and mad
]-TX-[Penguin{OmCpt}: i suck#
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: gah i suck
]-TX-[Penguin{KaCom}: /retarded me
]-TX-[•Penguin™{Vet}: Me dumb
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: IM SO DUMB
]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: ofc i am gay
]-TX-[•PengusQ3{DivCom}: damn im dumb
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 5403
Location: RedCell
Very good job guys, I am a newcomer to this topic, but is there any chance to include this improved Graphic into the Multiplayer modus aswell?

_________________
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.

VAsH wrote:
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:15 pm 
Offline
RepCom Mapper
RepCom Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 am
Posts: 7192
Lionheart wrote:
Very good job guys, I am a newcomer to this topic, but is there any chance to include this improved Graphic into the Multiplayer modus aswell?

It surely is, it mainly depends on the textures. As he said, he as only using high resolution textures.

_________________
Image
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 5403
Location: RedCell
So do our mappers use them aswell? I think every single RepCom player would be glad about refreshed graphics, eh? :>

_________________
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.

VAsH wrote:
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm 
Offline
RepCom Mapper
RepCom Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 am
Posts: 7192
Lionheart wrote:
So do our mappers use them aswell? I think every single RepCom player would be glad about refreshed graphics, eh? :>
They are used in a few maps, if we would use high resolution textures for each of our ~150 WP maps, the mappack would not be 750, but 7500 MB big. I did in one map, instead of 10MB I suddenly had 50. For ONE map. 50x150 = too much.

_________________
Image
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 5403
Location: RedCell
shit.

_________________
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.

VAsH wrote:
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 10
STEAM: VodeAn
Sharing textures between maps is a good way to keep the filesize down, that and DXT5 compression. You could average 20-35MB per map with bump mapped 1024x1024 textures on the map compressed as DXT-5.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:17 pm 
Offline
RepCom Mapper
RepCom Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 am
Posts: 7192
VodeAn wrote:
Sharing textures between maps is a good way to keep the filesize down, that and DXT5 compression. You could average 20-35MB per map with bump mapped 1024x1024 textures on the map compressed as DXT-5.

Yeah but then we had to use the same textures again and again. :s

_________________
Image
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 5403
Location: RedCell
Would you (guys) be interested in joining some of our Multiplayer projects? I dont know if you guys ahve seen our PROMOD and the WarPack (new Game modes + maps) yet..

_________________
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.

VAsH wrote:
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: New Content
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 10
STEAM: VodeAn
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 10
STEAM: VodeAn
Lionheart wrote:
Would you (guys) be interested in joining some of our Multiplayer projects? I dont know if you guys ahve seen our PROMOD and the WarPack (new Game modes + maps) yet..


I have to finish RC 2 then possibly. And that 30 MB per map is with unique textures.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 10
STEAM: VodeAn
Here are some older screens, they are a bit more artistic.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

And that's all for today...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:50 pm
Posts: 469
Thats true maybe warpack could be done this way. maybe 2 warpaks a year less maps but look way better . just an idea.

But good luck with nu rc 2 mod vodean. i played the very original but it seemed to go wonky in the large tunnels towards the end of the mission.
Ive downloaded the latest 1 still to play it though.
Standout map for me out of it was " beta" map

Will the nu rc2 mod have different mp maps (abreviated sp maps) added or are u going to "pimp up " the exisitng rc retail maps in the texture way ? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The *Original* Republic Commando 2 Mod
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 10
STEAM: VodeAn
frazscotland wrote:
Thats true maybe warpack could be done this way. maybe 2 warpaks a year less maps but look way better . just an idea.

But good luck with nu rc 2 mod vodean. i played the very original but it seemed to go wonky in the large tunnels towards the end of the mission.
Ive downloaded the latest 1 still to play it though.
Standout map for me out of it was " beta" map

Will the nu rc2 mod have different mp maps (abreviated sp maps) added or are u going to "pimp up " the exisitng rc retail maps in the texture way ? :wink:



There is no new RC2 mod from me I never finished the first one, I'm still working on it and it will be done this year, if you played the mod I made available it was in an ALPHA phase. Just to get feedback on the gameplay ect. ect.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by Vash © 2009
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]